Agnieszka Lendzion loves dreaming, but even more she loves to see her dreams
fulfilled. One of them was a professinal exhibition which inaugurated the
opening of the new gallery of the Secondary School of fine Arts in Gdynia-Orłowo,
her mother school, nine years ago. The next time happened in 1999 when she
received a research grant from the Minister of Culture and Art for herd
hard work and stubbornness. Since that time she has been showing her work
on more than ten exhibitions, in her homeland and abroad, always accompanying
the most important cultural events connected with the art of dance and Gdańsk
– the city where twenty-six years ago she was born, got her education
and grew up. The photoalbum “Old New Gdańsk” edited in 2003
with a help of her father, a professional photographer, journalist and the
teacher of life perception, received an important Pomeranian award.
Most important exhibitions:
is a winner of many awards, including research grants from the City of Gdańsk,
City of Bremen and Marshal of the Pomeranian Voievodship for creating the
album “Dancing Life Philosophy”. A graduate of the graphic faculty
of The Academy of Humanities and Academics in Łódź, she also finished architecture
studies at State Architectural School. She is currently a photography student
at The National Film, Television & Theatre School.
She is constantly looking for answers on the questions she asks through her art.
How to describe today’s world with classical beauty on photography? How to
catch a need of maximum in minimum? How to shock with peace when you want to
Agnieszka Lendzion, a woman with dreams and crazy ideas, is not afraid to show
her unique other personality. In the age of controversial, exaggerated and
incomprehensible art she wants to get to people with a new beauty. An
exsquisite, subtle beauty. She wants to create a new quality of dance as a
medium in photography. She dreams about “making her photographies
move” and – creating movies.
- 1998 Oświęcim "Ansichten - Poglądy" a collective Polish-German-Swiss-Austrian
- 2000 50 years of Baltic Opera in Gdańsk - a collective exhibition.
- 2000 "A Ballet" Dworek Sierakowskich. Sopot
- 2000 "Autumnal Nostalgy"on the occasion of 25th anniversary
of city partnership between Gdańsk and Bremen. Bremen.
- 2001 "Gdańsk in Photography". Bremen.
- 2002 "Dance" 4th Baltic University of Dance. The Baltic
Sea Culture Centre in Gdańsk.
- 2002 An exhibition on the occasion of the premiere of the "Don
Quixote" ballet. Baltic Opera in Gdańsk.
- 2003 "Dance". Ustka.
- 2003 Constant exhibition of the classical ballet photography. Baltic
Opera in Gdańsk.
- 2003 "Dance" International Days of Ballet. The Academy
of Humanities and Academics in Łódź, Grand Theatre. Łódź.
- 2003 "Dance" Theatre of the Eighth Day. On the occasion
of the 10th Biennale of the Modern Dance. Poznań.
- 2003 "Emotions". A Union of Polish Artists and Designers
- 2003 "Rain, Life and Love in Bremen" on the occasion of
handing the Erich Brost award for partner cities. Gdańsk
- 2004 "Rain, Life and Love in Bremen". Bremen.